Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vitamin E Hydrating Toner

Some people may get confused about should we insert toner in our daily skin regimen or not. But for me, toner is a must. Otherwise I will get my skin feels tight and dry afterward. I ever tried not to apply skin toner after washing my face. But about ten minutes later, my face felt itchy accordingly.

People say that toner helps to remove residual dirt and balances the PH of the skin. I honestly don’t know if it balances the skin’s PH or not, but it’s indeed remove traces of dirt, makeup, and cleanser residue. I can actually see those residual traces on the cotton pad after use I it.

I currently use The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating toner. I bought this product after read an article which told that if your skin is oily and acne prone, then type of toner that is recommended for you is one which contains antioxidant. Actually I was pondering between Paula Choice’s and The Body Shop’s. But finally I bought The Body Shop’s since PC’s is far more expensive.






Best if you want to
Remove the last traces of cleanser, dirt and make-up while softening your skin with a gentle, conditioning facial toner.

How it works

  • Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that moisturizes and helps to protect against premature aging and environmental aggressors by neutralizing free radicals.
  • Wheat germ oil, a rich natural source of vitamin E, moisturizes, nourishes and helps to condition skin.
  • Contains no added color or dyes, so it is suitable for sensitive skin.

The texture is a bit thick and isn’t properly soaked on cotton pad unless you drop a bit plenty. This toner has typical fragrance of The Body Shop Vitamin E range: something ‘oldies’ smelling. I was disturbed with the smell at the beginning, but finally I get used of it.

Actually I was worried if it makes my skin looks greasy or breaking out after using it because of term ‘hydrating’. But it is not! This product is comfortable enough to be used. My skin doesn’t feel greasy either. It swipe away tightness and makes my skin lightly moisturized.

Please note that I use only the toner and facial wash of Vitamin E range. For moisturizer, I use another product from The Skin Food and fortunately it doesn’t make my skin looking oily. I intentionally don’t use the Vitamin E’s moisturizer for I’m afraid I may end up breaking out with pimples (I bet the moisturizer is quiet creamy).

Vitamin E is known to help fight the signs of aging. Its antioxidant protects skin from free radical damage. I choose this product is also because I want to start slow down aging. I have been using a half of a bottle now. If you ask me, what improvement have I got, I would definitely get confused. This toner doesn't leave my skin looking oily and doesn’t cause breakout either, so it is okay for me. I haven’t got wrinkle, so I can’t say much about how it fights aging. The effect is might be slowly seen.

If you search over the internet, you will find many reviews about this product. Some may say this is good, and others may not. But I think I will repurchase this toner until I find another more interesting target.

No comments: