Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Palgantong Theatrical Loose Powder

Being curious with Palgantong Theatrical Loose Powder which is claimed to be the most popular powder in Japan and Korea, I decided to buy it and have being using it until now. The powder is very light and smooth. I use it for my daily make up. Once being applied, it gives chalky unnatural look. But several minutes later, after my skin starts to produce its oil, it slowly blends to my skin tone and gives matte finish. I still need to blot after two hours since the area around my nose starts to be oily. But when I blot or wipe my face with tissue, hardly to see the powder on the surface of my blotting paper or tissue. So I guess the powder melts properly on my skin. The powder also doesn’t fade out until the evening I go home. Some reviewers say that this powder is quiet drying for them who have normal/dry skin type.


Ingredient:
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Methicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bishydroxyethyl Biscetyl Malonamide, Iron Oxides, Allantoin, Calcium Silicate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben


Pros

No breakout

Creates blooming effect

Easily blending to my skin tone

Doesn’t easily fade out even when I am sweating


Cons

It comes in mini size (10g) and I finish it fast. When I ran out my Palgantong powder, I order it more and more. Still don’t get alternative to substitute this powder

The sponge isn't an easy sponge to apply loose powder. Difficult to be handed

After some applications, the sponge starts to damp
The packaging is also not user friendly. I find it’s hard to spill out the powder from its packaging


Honestly I haven't tried too many loose powders so I can't give good comparison. The only evaluation I can make is by comparing it with Dodo Club Fairy Skin loose powder which I tried before. This one is also nice but Palgantong is better in the oil control properties and the shade. Dodo Club Fairy Skin is transparent, while Palgantong is brighter. Using Fairy Skin performs my skin on its genuine shade, while Palgantong let me getting bloomer skin tone than I am.
By the way, I still have no idea about the “slimmer” look that is claimed by Palgantong. Anyone knows it?

see related post about Palgantong

No comments: