I bought it incidentally during my visit in The Body Shop counter. As usual they put big banner showed their current promo program, and it was 17% off sale. After walked around for a while, I found there were some mini bottles attracted my eyes. One of it was the Seaweed Clarifying Toner, and it was so cheap. The note of the label says that it is formulated for people with combination/oily skin, just like my skin type. Therefore I was not hesitant to give it a try.
Mini bottle size 60ml
Full size 200ml
The front label explanation is:
“Pore-minimizing toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil”
While the back label says:
"Remove excess traces of cleanser, make-up, and grime, and refines the appearance of pores. With Community Trade seaweed. Oil-free. Leaves skin purified and shine free."
Aqua, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Phenoxyethanol, Algae, Gliceryn, Methylparaben, Parfum, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Fucus vesiculosus, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Menthol, Cucumis Sativus, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Buthylphenyl, Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Tocopherol
This I got from The Body Shop Web
Best if you want to: Remove traces of make-up and minimize your pores with a refreshing, alcohol-free toner that controls excess shine.
- Community Trade bladderwack seaweed, which is naturally rich in nutrients and vitamins, balances, purifies and clarifies skin.
- Wild-harvested seaweed Is renowned for its conditioning and hydrating benefits, while its non-oily nature makes it particularly suitable for normal to oily skin.
- Algae extract balances and hydrates skin while reducing oiliness.
- Glycerin Is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration.
- Menthol Helps to stimulate the circulation and refresh the skin.
- Cucumber extract Is a gentle astringent that helps to refresh the skin.
It is effective. I only need to take little drops of the liquid on my cotton pad to mop my whole face. It has a light scent and gently refreshing my skin.
My pores look less visible and purified. My skin is also less oily. Though it claims to be shine-free, I don’t get matte look on my face. It’s still shiny but not greasy at all. It also effectively cleanses my face. I always find last traces on my cotton pad. Not every toner is able to do that.
I like for it contains hydrogenated castor oil. I read somewhere that applying castor oil on face is a good habit. Honestly I don’t know what the reason is, but subconsciously it formed a philosophy in my mind to think that toner with castor oil is better than others without it.
Now I use this toner everyday and I have forgotten the other toners collection I have.