Thursday, October 21, 2010

Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

I was surfing on the Skin Food's site when I found Black Sugar Mask wash off. The display picture of the product was marked with best seller stamp and that quiet attracted my attention.
I was searching for a suitable facial wash-off mask at that moment. Therefore I decided to buy it on my next shopping.


The product picture with best seller stamp

(taken from the site)

Description
Moisturizing and exfoliating wash off scrub mask with minerals, vitamins and glycolic acid. Cleanses and revitalizes the skin

Size 100g

After waited for about one month, I finally received my mask. It comes in a plastic pot. The texture is thick and granules. It does smell like brown sugar, and felt warm once I put it on my face.

How to use the product is kind of tricky. The sugar grains may feel harsh if you massage it on dry skin surface. Therefore ensure your skin is still damp when you use it. The grains will slowly melt by heat of your finger's skin. You may also apply it on wet face. It will be gentler since it will melt easier. Apply on cleansed face and let sit for 10 minutes before rub it softly in circular motion.
Not only my face, I used to rub my lips as well. And sometimes I swallow it accidentally. Guess what, it does taste sweet like sugar.

I usually do it during bath time. Applying the mask inside bath room makes the sugar grains melt easily hence it won't hurt the skin. But when I do it in my bedroom, it hurts due to the air conditioning that makes my room cold that makes it more difficult for the sugar granules to melt off.

After rinse it off with water, I tone my skin and apply moisturizer. The beads exfoliate pretty well. It leaves my skin feeling clean but usually also gets oilier few hours later after I use this product.
Other result that I can report is that this really helps to fade my acne scars thus improve my complexion. But as usual, I tend to use a product that I like too frequent. No wonder my skin gets red a bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I currently based in Surabaya and found certain cosmetics brand isn't over-priced here,but seemed like most people here were still preferring mid-price brand like The body shop. "v

*~kAy~* said...

nice! I want to try that! :P haha so funny how you got to taste it too :P so cute :P