Monday, July 25, 2011

Burt's Bees Body Wash, Lotion, and Cuticles Cream

I got a set of Burt's Bees when my husband went to Malaysia. It is a gift set wrapped in mini orange box with sweet red ribbon. It contains three items: a mini bottle of soap, a mini bottle of body lotion, and a mini jar of cuticles cream.



The soap named "Citrus and Ginger Root Body Wash". It states as 99.3% natural. What a good stuff! It creates a lot of light lather with energizing scent. I said it is "light lather" which means the lather is not creamy (rich). It lathers very well but feels not creamy enough. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized but the scent which is yummy isn't long lasting. The only thing which is a bit bothering is the screw cap bottle. I have to pour it out and close the cap afterwards which is quiet troublesome. Would prefer to have it in pump bottle. 

Now proceed to the story of the lotion: Aloe & Buttermilk Body Lotion. It is not like the other body lotions I have used before. It is milky yet watery. Leaves sticky feeling. I apply it to my skin and wait and wait and wait but the sticky feel doesn't want to go. It feels less comfortable. The moisture is long lasting though the texture isn't heavy. I'm a bit bothered with the scent. It smells like raw aloe. Normally people go out with floral scent or fruity scent comes out of the products they're using. But using this makes me smells like spicy aloe. Overall, although it is a bit inconvenient to use, I think it's okay since the product stick to natural ingredients. Just like my experience: natural d.i.y treatment is often less comfortable to use.

The last one is the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. The texture is waxy; more similar to balm than a cream yet dilute easily. I massage it to my hand focusing on the nails and it absorbs pretty well. It keeps cuticles moisturized and smells great. I wash my hands pretty often and this stuff makes my hand nourished and moisturized. You have to wait for a while after applying this since it makes your hands kind of greasy. 

  

No comments: